– 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
– 1 cup milk
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together the flour and milk until smooth.
2. Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and begins to bubble.
3. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
4. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add the cooled flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and beat until combined.
6. Add the vanilla extract and beat until combined.
7. Spread the frosting over your favorite cake or cupcakes and enjoy!