•2 8-ounce packages cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
• 3/4 cup of sugar
•3 eggs (large)
• 1 teaspoon of vanilla
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice (freshly squeezed, if you can!)
•A dash or 2 lemon peel (optional)
• Mini Nella Wafer (Regular! None of this low-fat nonsense..)
A box of pie of your choice (strawberry is always best)
Fill a mini cupcake tin with mini liners and place the mini wafers with the floured side up Put all your ingredients together: cream cheese, sugar, an extract of your choice, eggs, lemon juice and lemon zest, if you choose to use it.
• Brush everything with an electric mixer until it becomes smooth like silk – without lumps!!
• Fill your cupcake liners to about 3/4 full, as you would a regular cupcake. (I did just over 3/4 full and they turned out just fine).
• Baking at 350 degrees for 18-20 min.
• Let it cool before you fill it… I hung it in the fridge for a bit to let it settle.