- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 1¾ cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed overripe bananas
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tub (8 ounces) whipped cream, for that glorious topping
- Dark chocolate chips for a deeper, richer flavor
- ½ cup sour cream for added moistness
- Chopped nuts or additional chocolate chips for an extra crunch
- Preheat and Prep: First thing’s first, set your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan and dust it lightly with flour. This ensures that your brownies slide right out, like a dream!
- Butter & Sugar Symphony: Take a large mixing bowl and blend together your melted butter and granulated sugar. Ah, the sweet alchemy of butter and sugar! It should look light and fluffy when you’re done.
- Egg-cellent Addition: Crack the eggs into the bowl one at a time, mixing well after each one. This ensures even distribution, making your brownies uniformly tender.
- Banana Mashup: Now, fold in your mashed bananas. The riper they are, the more flavor and natural sweetness they’ll bring to your brownies.
- Dry Ingredients Meet Wet: In another bowl, sift together your all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add these dry ingredients to your wet mix. Gentle mixing is key here; we don’t want to overwork the batter.
- Milk It: Time to pour in that luscious sweetened condensed milk! This is the secret ingredient that makes these brownies irresistibly moist and rich.
- Into the Pan: Pour your batter into the prepped baking pan and smooth it out evenly.
- Baking Time: Pop it into your preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow it to cool completely because we have one more step.
- Creamy Finish: Spread a generous layer of whipped cream on top of your cooled brownies. This adds a light, airy contrast to the dense brownies, making each bite a heavenly experience.
- Choose Ripe Bananas: The riper, the better for maximum flavor and sweetness.
- Butter Temperature: Make sure your melted butter is cooled to room temperature to prevent cooking the eggs prematurely.
- No Overmixing: Mix your batter just until combined to avoid tough brownies.
- Customize with Extras: Dark chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or a half-cup of sour cream can personalize your batch.
- Prep Your Pan: A well-greased and floured pan ensures brownies will slide out effortlessly.
- Test for Doneness: A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean. Don’t overbake!
- Cool Completely: Wait until the brownies are fully cooled before adding the whipped cream topping.
- Whipped Cream: Use an airy whipped cream to add a delightful contrast to the dense, moist brownies.
- Storage: These brownies keep well, making them a great make-ahead option.
- Serving Ideas: They’re versatile enough for casual get-togethers, birthdays, or even holiday gatherings.
Happy baking, my friends! 🍌🍫👩🍳