- 2 lbs sliced frozen peaches
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 cup butter flavored shortening
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup ice water
- Add 2 cups of sifted all purpose flour into a mixing bowl, then add the shortening. Use a pastry cutter, or dough hooks to combine the ingredients.
- Once the mixture resembles crumbs, add in the 1/3 cup of ice water.
- Form a ball, then cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Place the peaches in a large pot.
- Add the water, sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg, then turn the heat to medium high.
- Once the peach mixture starts to bubble, add in the butter, and vanilla. Stir
- With the remaining 1/2 cup of water, sprinkle in 3 tbsp of all purpose flour then mix.
- Pour the water/flour mixture into the peach mixture. Stir, and reduce the heat to low.
Roll out the dough, the cut in half.
With one of the dough halves, roll out, and cut into inch squares then place on a cookie sheet.
Bake the square for 7 minutes on 375 F.
Pour the peach mixture into a 13 x 9 baking dish.
Remove the squares from the oven then toss them into the peach mixture and fold in.
With the last ball of dough, roll it out, and cut it into strips ( watch video)
Place the dough strips on top of the cobbler, lattice style then bake for 40 minutes on 375 F.
Let cool down, then serve with vanilla ice cream.