Classic Creamy Pea Salad is a delightful side dish that adds a burst of color and flavor to any meal. This refreshing salad is a perfect balance of sweet peas, crunchy vegetables, and a creamy dressing that will complement your main course beautifully. Whether you’re hosting a barbecue or preparing a family dinner, this salad is sure to be a hit. In this article, we’ll share the Classic Creamy Pea Salad recipe, along with a handy table sheet format for the ingredients. Get ready to savor the goodness of this refreshing side dish!
Classic Creamy Pea Salad Recipe Ingredients
Creating Classic Creamy Pea Salad is a breeze with the right ingredients. Here’s a table sheet format listing all you need:
|Sweet Peas, frozen||2 cups|
|Bacon, cooked and crumbled||1/2 cup|
|Cheddar Cheese, diced||1/2 cup|
|Red Onion, finely chopped||1/4 cup|
|Celery, finely chopped||1/4 cup|
|Sour Cream||1/4 cup|
|Apple Cider Vinegar||1 tbsp|
|Salt and Pepper||To taste|
Now that you have all the ingredients ready, let’s proceed with the step-by-step instructions to create this Classic Creamy Pea Salad!
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the frozen sweet peas, crumbled bacon, diced cheddar cheese, finely chopped red onion, and celery.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the creamy dressing. Mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Pour the creamy dressing over the pea and vegetable mixture in the large bowl.
- Gently toss all the ingredients together until the peas and vegetables are evenly coated with the creamy dressing.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the salad for at least 2 hours before serving. This chilling time allows the flavors to meld together.
- Before serving, give the salad a quick stir to ensure the dressing is evenly distributed.
Serving and Storing
Your Classic Creamy Pea Salad is now ready to be served! This refreshing side dish is a fantastic addition to picnics, potlucks, and family gatherings. Serve it alongside grilled meats, sandwiches, or as part of a summer spread. Any leftovers should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.