Dessert doesn’t always have to be boring. Sometimes even the best homemade desserts use as few as four ingredients and can be made in just about half an hour.
This peach bubble casserole is a unique twist on the traditional peach cobbler, in which chilled pieces of cookie dough are baked inside the peach filling, making the warm cookie pieces, or “bubbles,” the focal point of this dessert.
One of the benefits of being so easy to prepare is that kids love the recipe below, and it’s a creative way to get their help in the kitchen.
Kids love being able to tear or cut the cookie dough into pieces, and the sweet fruit filling will keep everyone coming back for more.
Using canned pie filling is a time-saver and has more of a peach flavor than if you were using fresh peaches, although you can add bite-sized pieces of fresh peaches for more fruity flavor
°One 21-ounce package Peach Pie Filling
°12-ounce cookie dough can be refrigerated
°1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
°3 tablespoons of brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, and spray a 9″ x 13″ baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the peach and cinnamon pie filling. Mix until homogeneous. Slice up large peaches to make sure they are all bite-sized.
3. Open the cookie dough, and cut or cut each cookie into four pieces. Add the paste to the peach mixture and stir to combine.
4. Pour casserole filling to baking dish, making sure the biscuit dough is equally distributed around the dish.
5. Sprinkle brown sugar over the casserole and place in the oven.
6. Leave it to bake for 25 minutes, until the biscuit dough is soft and golden, and the dish is bubbling around the sides.
7. Removing casserole from oven and leave it to cool for 5 mn.
Serve by spooning portions of the candy into individual plates. Garnished with some extra cinnamon, & serving warm with a scoop vanilla ice cream.
+Pro tip: Not a fan peaches? Using other fruits like apples, cherries, or pineapples for variety.
+Pro tip: If you have extra dough, form a crust along the edge of the casserole for extra crust.