- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 6 tsps baking powder
- 125g cold butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup amasi (sour milk)
- 2 tsps vanilla essence.
- Sift flour, baking powder, icing sugar.
- Grate cold butter into flour. Use finger tips to combine flour and butter until it looks like bread crumbs.
- In a bowl mix the egg with amasi.
- Add this to your flour mixture.
- Mix ingredients together (don’t over mix)
- Dust flour on to the surface.
- Put on your scone mix and roll it out to about 3cm.
- Cut into shapes.
- Beat an egg and brush it on top of scones.
- Bake for 12-15 mins at 180 degrees or until they start turning golden brown.