These Skinny Lemon Brownies are perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth but won’t make you feel guilty! No need to tell anyone that these are skinny- they won’t be able to tell.
Nutrition: calories 121.6, fat 6.3 g, carbs 15.7 g, Fiber .4 g, Protein 1.2 g, sugars11.2 g, sodium 71.1 mg,
Makes 16 brownies
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 large or extra-large eggs
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar or granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp Kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cold water if needed
- lemon zest for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 340 degrees. Mist a nonstick 8 or 9-inch square pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat with a handheld mixer or stand mixer, the softened butter with the sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time until well incorporated. Add the lemon juice and zest and mix just until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, and baking soda. Add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and beat at medium speed for about 1 to 2 minutes until nice and creamy.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for about 20-24 minutes. Try not to overbake. The edges will turn lightly golden brown. A toothpick should have moist crumbs. Let cool on a wire rack for at least 20 minutes.
- While cooling, prepare the glaze and then spread over the brownies and sprinkle on the zest. Cut into 16 brownies and enjoy!