• 2 lb ground beef
• 1 small onion, diced
• 1 bell pepper, diced (any color will work well!)
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 24 oz beef broth
• 28 oz can diced tomatoes (crushed tomatoes or another kind will work too)
• 4 oz salsa
• 2 store-bought taco seasoning packets
• 4 oz cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup heavy cream
• 2 cup cheddar cheese
- Saute ground beef, onion, and bell pepper over medium heat until meat is done.
- Add garlic cloves, beef broth, tomatoes, salsa, and taco seasoning. Set pot to High pressure, 2 minutes. Once the cooking cycle is complete, allow pressure to release naturally.
- Slowly add softened cream cheese, heavy cream, and cheddar cheese to the pot. Stir until cheeses are melted and soup is blended.
- Serve and garnish with your favorite taco toppings.
• Always use freshly grated cheese! Pre-grated cheese in packages is coated with cellulose (a wood pulp) that absorbs moisture and prevents sticking of the cheese. Unfortunately, this also keeps the cheese from melting properly.
• Feel free to make some substitutions. Keep the onions for flavor, but feel free to add more veggies. Squash, zucchini, or even riced cauliflower taste great. Beans and corn are good too (if you’re not following a keto diet). Use ground chicken or ground turkey as a substitute for the beef too!