This Ham and Corn Chowder is superb solace food! A velvety soup stock, delicate potato, delicious sweet corn and flies of brilliant earthy colored ham is completely overpowering and will warm your spirit. Envision getting back home to this!
It’s Saturday 27 December, 2 days after Christmas, so I wager there are millions (billions??) of families around the globe having ham for lunch. Without a doubt, you could put together a ham sandwich with new bread (yippee, shops are open today!), or a frittata utilizing different extras from your Christmas Day feast.
Or then again you could accomplish something somewhat unique and make this chowder.
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 2 CUPS.Of ham broth or chicken broth.
- 2 CUPS.Of milk/ heavy cream.
- 2 CUPS.Of diced ham.
- 1 CUP.Of corn.
- 1 diced_ onion.
- 2 diced_ carrots.
- 2 diced_stalks celery.
- 2 chopped_cloves garlic.
- 1/4 CUP.Of flour/rice flour (for gluten-free).
- 1 pound and half of the diced potatoes.
- 3 TBSP.Of oil/butter.
- 1 TSP.Of chopped_thyme.
- Salt And Pepper To Taste.
- I heated the oil over medium heat in a large saucepan, I added the diced onions, diced carrots, and diced celery and I cooked for around 10 minutes until tender.
- I mixed in the garlic, the chopped thyme, and flour or rice flour and simmer for around 3 minutes until the flour is lightly browned.
- I stir in the broth gently, then I added the milk and diced potatoes, I brought the mixture to a boil.
- I reduced the heat and simmer for around 12 to 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- I added the corn and ham, I cooked for 10 more minutes until heated, and I season with salt and black pepper.