Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup – Calling all Panera broccoli cheese soup lovers! I’m popping in with a healthy recipe for an easy Slow Cooker Broccoli Cheese Soup that takes less than 10 minutes to prep. This is one of the best crock pot recipes to make you feel just as warm and toasty as the Panera original. This crockpot broccoli cheese soup is a cheesy comfort food classic that’s warm and satisfying for everyone in the family.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 4 hours | Total Time: 4 hours 10 minutes
- 1 cup carrots grated
- 4 cups broccoli florets chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 cup reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 2 1/2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 12oz can 2% evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 8oz block sharp cheddar cheese grated
- Place the broccoli, carrots, onion, and garlic in the slow cooker.
- Top with the cream cheese, Italian seasoning and chicken broth. Stir to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- Cover and set the temperature on high & cook for 2 hours or low for for 4-6 hours.
- Uncover and stir in the evaporated milk. Blend soup with an immersion blender or food processor, use caution as the soup will be very hot. Puree about 2/3 of soup, leaving a few chunks of broccoli.
- Stir the salt, pepper, and grated cheese. Re-cover and cook on high until the cheese is fully melted and the soup is hot, about 5-10 additional minutes.
- Serve warm and top with additional cheddar cheese if desired.