Healthy Carrot Cake Granola – an easy granola recipe featuring oats, grated carrots, coconut, raisins, pecans, and classic carrot cake spices! This granola recipe is gluten-free, vegan and free of refined sugars!
Carrot Cake Granola – an easy, healthy granola recipe…
prep time: 10 MINUTES | cook time: 25 MINUTES | total time: 35 MINUTES | yield: 6 -8 SERVINGS
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (use certified gluten-free oats if making this GF)
- 1 cup grated or shredded carrots
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup walnuts
- (optional) 1/2 cup shaved or shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of cloves (optional)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the oats, carrots, pecans, walnuts, coconut (if using), maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves together in a large mixing bowl. Toss well until combined.
- Spread the mixture out evenly on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes, pulling the mixture out at the halfway point and giving it a good stir before the final round of baking. Remove and let cool until the granola reaches room temperature. Then add raisins and toss to combine.
- Enjoy immediately, or store in a sealed container for up to 2 weeks.