Stacked Broccoli Cheese and Potato Soup will get the family around the supper table! A flavorful broccoli cheddar soup that is prepared in less than 60 minutes.
Stacked BROCCOLI CHEESE POTATO SOUP
Toward the beginning of today I felt the smallest nip of Fall noticeable all around! Possibly it was unrealistic reasoning, yet it truly felt cooler. As much as I love Summer, I’m prepared for Fall and the entirety of the magnificence and solace that accompanies it!
I was conceived in the Fall. I’m an October child. Fall is such a temporary season. The climate, however, the children returning to class, and the guarantee of progress is never more conspicuous than when you leave a fresh Autumn morning and see your breath, and feel the touch noticeable all around.
In the event that you are sufficiently fortunate to live some place that has Fall tones in the foliage, that is an incredible reward!
- 2 – 14.5 oz. cans chicken broth
2-3 large carrots, peeled and diced
4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed into small pieces
1 tsp. onion powder
2 small heads broccoli (washed and diced small)
3 Tbsp. butter
⅓ cup flour
3½ – 4 cups milk
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. garlic pepper
6 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- In a large pot combine chicken broth, carrots potatoes and onion powder.
- Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cover and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- While simmering, melt butter in a large sauce pan.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for another minute (or until golden brown).
- Whisk in milk and cook for an additional 5 minutes until the sauce thickens.
- Add cheese and stir until it is all melted.
- Add salt and garlic pepper.
- Pour cheese sauce into the large pot and stir until well combined.
- Add more milk for a thinner consistency if you like a thinner soup and add any additional salt and pepper needed.
- Top with bacon pieces and serve warm!!!