Spaghetti pie is the perfect dish for a kid friendly weeknight dinner or to serve to a group of hungry guests. This spaghetti pie recipe pulls together all of the best aspects of a comforting Italian classic – pasta – cheese, a zesty meat sauce, and more cheese! Serve with a green salad tossed with Italian vinaigrette dressing and a loaf of warm garlic bread. After all, when it comes to spaghetti pie, it’s all about no fuss basics!
4 oz whole wheat pasta, uncooked 1 egg, beaten 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded 1 cup low fat cottage cheese 1/2 lb ground turkey, cooked 1 1/2 cups pasta sauce 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- Mix together the pasta, egg and parmesan cheese.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the pie plate and up the sides to make the “crust”.
- Spread the cottage cheese on top of the “crust”.
- Mix the turkey and pasta sauce together, and spread over the cottage cheese.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Serve hot
Entire recipe makes 6 servings Serving size is about 1 cup Each serving = 8 SmartPoints/7 Pointsplus Nutritional information-Per serving: 250 calories 10g fat 3g saturated fat 25g carbohydrates 7g sugar 16g protein 2g fiber