This singed cabbage is cooked to delicate flawlessness with bacon and onions. An overly simple low carb side dish that is ideal for any event!
Cabbage is quite an underestimated vegetable as I would see it – it’s economical, accessible all year, and absolutely flavorful! This straightforward planning of singed cabbage is an exemplary formula that sets green cabbage with bacon. When you attempt it, you won’t have the option to quit eating it.
Cabbage is a unique little something that the vast majority never think to cook with. It is possible that you purchase a sack of coleslaw blend or get a head of cabbage once every year on St. Patrick’s Day, however in any case the modest cabbage doesn’t commonly make it onto the supper table. I’m going to change that with this heavenly singed cabbage – after you attempt it, you’ll be eating cabbage each week!
Simple, easy and cheesy! My whole family loves this recipe so much. If it were for them, I’d be making this every day! Give it a shot, you’ll love it!To Make this Recipe You’ Will Need the following ingredients:
- 1 medium head green cabbage, chopped loosely
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/4 large onion or 1/2 small to medium onion, chopped
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a large pan cook the chopped bacon over medium to medium-high heat.
- Once the fat renders off and there’s plenty of bacon grease in the pan, add the chopped onion.
- Right when the bacon has just started to crisp, add the chopped cabbage, salt, pepper, and Worcestershire sauce (optional but I like the tiny bit of smokey tang that it gives some foods).
- Stir occasionally until cabbage is softened.
- I like some pieces to get a little pan browned so I don’t stir very often.
- Taste before serving as you may need to add more salt and pepper depending on your preference.