How to make Chicken Broccoli and Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner
– Protein rich chicken pieces and fresh nutritious veggies are tossed with flavorful herbs and spices and all roasted together on a single sheet pan, meany easy dinner and quick clean up! We love this dinner! This is also a great recipe for meal prep for lunch.
– 20 oz sweet potatoes peeled and diced into 3/4-inch cubes (2 medium, about 3 cups)
– 4 Tbsp olive oil, divided
– 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, diced into pieces (about 1 1/4-inches, keep them close to the same size so they all cook even)
– 4 cups small broccoli florets
– 1/2 of a medium red onion, diced into chunks
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 3/4 tsp of each dried thyme, sage, parsley and rosemary
– 1/8 tsp nutmeg
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 1/2 cup pecans, whole or roughly chopped
– 1/3 cup dried cranberries
– Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place sweet potatoes in a mound on a rimmed 18 by 13-inch baking sheet, pour 1 Tbsp over top and toss to evenly coat.
– Spread into an even layer and roast in preheated oven for 15 minutes (meanwhile chop and prep remaining ingredients).
– Remove sweet potatoes from oven, add chicken pieces, broccoli florets, and red onion around sweet potatoes (just placing everything randomly).
– Sprinkle with garlic and drizzle everything with remaining 3 Tbsp olive oil (focusing mostly on the broccoli so it doesn’t dry) and toss with a spatula to evenly coat.
– Sprinkle evenly with thyme, sage, parsley, rosemary and nutmeg and about 1 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Toss again to evenly coat with seasonings and spread out evenly (try not to overlap chicken pieces).
– Return to oven and roast about 16 – 20 minutes longer, tossing once halfway through, until chicken registers 165 degrees in center.
– Toss in pecans and cranberries. Serve immediately.