How to make Blueberry Lemon Heaven Dessert
– This simple dessert comes together so quickly and is always a crowd-pleaser!
– 1 whole Angel food Cake, (Click the link in the Notes for from-scratch Angel Food Cake)
– 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding
– 1 1/2 cups (368g) milk
– 1 cup sour cream
– 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
– 8 ounces whipped topping, such as Cool Whip
– 1 tablespoon lemon zest, for garnish (optional)
– Cut angel food cake into cubes. (This was by far the most time-consuming part of the entire recipe. Take your time and use a good serrated knife!)
– In a large bowl combine lemon pudding, milk, and sour cream. Using a hand-held mixer, beat on medium-high for 2 minutes. Set aside.
ASSEMBLE THE DESSERT:
– In a 9×13 baking dish, arrange 1/2 of the angel food cake cubes in a layer.
– Drop half of the blueberry pie filling over top of the angel food cake cubes.
– Cover the blueberry filling with the remaining angel food cake.
– Spoon lemon pudding over the cake and spread evenly.
– Drop with whipped topping in dollops over the pudding layer. Using an offset spatula, spread into an even layer.
– Carefully spread the remaining blueberry pie filling over the whipped topping. Garnish with lemon zest (optional).
– Place in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours. Serve cold.