How to make Raspberry Freezer Jam
– This fresh-tasting raspberry freezer jam, prepared with fresh or frozen berries, can be made any time of year! And it takes less than 10-minutes of hands-on time!
– 2 cups prepared fruit buy 4 ½ pint cartons (2 pints) OR 2 12-ounce packages of frozen raspberries
– 4 cups sugar measured into separate bowl
– 1 3-ounce pouch CERTO Liquid Fruit Pectin
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– Wash glass jars or plastic containers and lids with hot soapy water. Rinse well then dry thoroughly. (I like to run them through the dishwasher.)
– Thaw raspberries and crush them thoroughly (I use a potato masher for this). Measure exactly 2 cups of the crushed berries into a large bowl. Stir in sugar until thoroughly combined. Scrape sides of the bowl to incorporate sugar crystals along the edges.
Use either of these methods:
– Cover bowl with plastic wrap or a plate and let stand at room temperature for 6 – 8 hours.
– Place the bowl in the microwave and cook on high power for 3 minutes then stir well again. Take a little taste. If there are still some sugar crystals, give the mixture another 1-2 minutes in the microwave.
– Mix pectin and lemon juice. Add to raspberry mixture; stir for 3 minutes.
– Fill containers to within 1/2 inch of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers and cover with lids. Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours.
– Jam is now ready to use. Store in refrigerator up to 3 weeks or freeze extra containers up to 1 year. Thaw in the refrigerator before using.